On December 1, 2020, millions of people across the United States came together to celebrate generosity and over $2.47 billion dollars was donated to nonprofits of all kinds around the globe! Since its creation in 2012, GivingTuesday has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. The worldwide day of giving shines a spotlight on opportunities to give back to the community in safe ways that allow for kindness and social connection while still practicing physical distancing.
Many of the recipients of this generosity were private schools across the country that have been established as nonprofits in their community. Several of these schools went above and beyond just a single day of giving. They used the momentum of GivingTuesday and incorporated it into a larger campaign to get people involved in the story of their school for the days and weeks leading up to GivingTuesday itself.
There were two schools specifically who utilized our Givedot program and used this method of expanding the spirit of GivingTuesday to more than just a single day.
Hanalani Schools – Mililani, HI
- Incorporated GivingTuesday into a 12 Days of Giving campaign that brought in over $22,000 in, NOT including their matching gift donations.
- They promoted giving to the needs of the school such as a COVID-19 Response Fund, Scholarship and Financial Aid Fund, as well as campaigns to support the various programs across their campus.
It’s through the generosity of the community and the belief in what the school is doing for their community and the generations to come that inspires many to give.
Friendship Christian School – Raleigh, NC is another school that expanded their GivingTuesday campaign beyond a single day.
- They used the 3 weeks leading up to GivingTuesday to challenge their community to match the generous donation given to the school.
- The community rallied together and raised over $31,000 exceeding their matching gift goal!
- In addition to their matching gift campaign, they also promoted campaigns to help meet their annual budget as well as provide tuition assistance to families in need.
Imagine what you could do in the rest of 2020 and into 2021 if you joined the many others who are using simple but powerful online giving platforms to spark the generosity of their community. It’s not too late to get set up and have The Givedot Program in place and promoted in time for your final year-end giving campaigns. Allow us to help you get across the finish line and even get a head start on next year’s goal!